Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Of late, I guess I have been feeling, rather, what shall I call it, left out? K has N, A has S, J has C, J has K, B has B...that's what this is about. Not all, but most of my close friends either have a bf/gf or really likes someone and has possibilities. Every day, I sit there. Physically, we're all together. Emotionally, maybe that's something else. I watch and listen in silence as they recount their time with him, their 3 T's (trials, troubles, tribulations...) with him... Patiently I do this. Every day. I love them, and I really do love and care hearing about what's going on in their lives. But the more I hear of their seemingly love-filled lives, the more and more I realize how empty my own is in that category. I like no boys. I have tried to like boys, but the more I try convincing myself that boy is the one, the more I know he isn't.

I just don't think it's in my nature to be close to a boy right now. Sure, I've had my fair share of crushes, but I've never acted upon it. That's just not how I am. Maybe I'm too scared, like I'm afraid he won't like me and I'm seemingly throwing my heart out only to be trampled upon. Maybe I'm just uncomfortable getting too close to someone. I never hug any of my guy friends. And they never hug me. To me, that's just how it is, and I've never questioned it until lately. Is it because I have more of that "sporty/tomboy/tough" look about me that makes it seem, weird?, to get close to me other than just really good friends?

Other than that, I just don't have time for boys. I'm not saying this only because when a girl likes a boy, she's thinks of him 24/7, practically taking over her life. I'm saying I really don't have time for boys. I barely even have time for my friends! I have school to worry about, not to mention all that homework. I have work to worry about, and soon, it will be softball as well. I know my life is busy, but I'm working on my future right now. I can worry about boys later. Right now, I need to focus on getting into college, and earning money so I can pay the bills and save up for college. I just can't worry about boys right now.

Don't worry--I still find time for my friends and the occasional date or two. I've been to a few dances so far, and they have been...fun. The church says to date around in high school, and trust me, I'm dating around. That's not a problem, going on dates or anything. Just no steady dating. Our leaders know what they're talking about when they drill this in over and over. Just look at my friends. Too much going on, too much trouble. Too much stress on such a young and feeble heart.

...there's really no point to this, but I just thought I'd get it out, now especially with so much stuff going on with my friends. K says I'm the only sane one in our group...is it really true?

12 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Miru said...

Oh man Nancy, i know how you feel, i've totally been in your shoes. I dunno, you can look at it two ways... either you stay away from the whole bf/gf thing and never deal with it, or you can deal with the heartbreak/drama junk but atleast you got to experience that little bit of "oh i have such a cute bf!" . I guess you have to decide... but at the same time, ya, i totally think you're the sane one... we're just in highschool, why should we even have to deal with steady relationships or anything like that!? it's so stupid what ppl put themselves through sometimes! i mean honestly! What are some ppl thinking?
Ya know what i think? when you get to college, you're going to get this way hott, perfect man with the best sense of humor and is the best gentle man and every girl is going to be soooo jealous of you! yup, its going to happen, i'm betting on it right now!
haha, i love you!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Miru said...

wow... i write way too much

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger 9c said...

you do not!!! awww thanks missy you make me feel better!!! thanks a ton!! and hey, do YOU know what? yeah, if you say your prays all the time like you're supposed to, your future husband gets hotter and hotter. yeeeaaaah!!!! thanks again i'm feeling all giddy inside--i can't wait, but i suppose it's the waiting that makes him more wonderful, eh? love you!!!!!!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Miru said...

SWEET!!!! that totally makes me want to say my prayers like 37 times a day! hotter husband, what more could you want... HAHHA! just joshin' ya!
But ya, totally agree, the waiting makes it all the much more worth while!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Kates said...

All I can say 9c, is that this is freakin' hilarious. I laugh so hard! :) But yeah, seiriously? My last blog is all about this crumminess of being left out. And yeah, I guess I "have" N in the fact that I'm crazy about him... but at least we're not making out in the halls like M and I!!! lol... and I promise... once Feb 1 comes around, I will be talking a lot less about boys. I really am through with boys till high school is over...it's zaps so much of my energy! :) And yes, we need to go get hot chocolate

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Miru said...

oh katie... feb 1... that will be a depressing day, we will both go cry in our hole together and then try to move on with life, lol!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger 9c said...

i was baptized on feb. 1 :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Miru said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! nancy! you always make me laugh! i love it!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Miru said...

Guess what Nancy!? Guess what?! I put a wicked cool pic on my profile! so now I have this cool pic everytime I say something to you, sweet huh?! I even took it myself!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger 9c said...

iknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknowiknow!!!!!!!!!!!
that is wickedly AWESOME and mr cramer loves it too!! lol

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Kates said...

Haha...yes, Miss, we'll go drown our sorrows in chocolate. Because I really do think I'm going to die that day! I KNOW that I'm going to want to die...it's just so hard saying goodbye to him. I know how I feel about him and that I want to see him/hang out with him when he gets back, but I have no idea what's going to happen.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Miru said...

chocolate is the solution to everything...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home